The secret to success is having really low standards.
Joke. Kind of. What I really mean is making sure your goals are achievable, not pie-in-the-sky. Don’t worry, I’m not going to go all S.M.A.R.T. goal-y on you. I’m just going to share mine for 2015. And since I know what a difference it makes in motivation to SHARE your goals, I invite you to do just that…as soon as I’ve shared mine.
By the end of 2015, I will have…
- finished the first draft of Altitude (Book Three of the Flying Burgowski trilogy) and be actively re-revising the first half
- ridden my bike in to work at least as often, if not more often, than I’ve driven
- invited at least three people I would like to know better for a walk or a cup of tea
- developed a fitness regimen that includes daily strength and stretching exercises
- either fixed my Stairmaster machine or gotten rid of it 🙂
Your turn. What are some of yours?
I don’t make any New Year’s resolutions and i never did. I find New Year not interesting. If it were on Dec. 21st, winter solstice, or at the beginning of Spring, i could understand it, but just because some guys who made Calendars, decided, this is it! as of today we write 2015 on our checks, – the Chinese have a different one and so do the Jews, the Moslems……
Here in Austria, this is a great day for fireworks and fire crackers, in Vienna you hear them since about X-Mas, out here in the country they just started around 6pm, very lightly, but at midnight! Every little village in Austria goes crazy. My poor dog hates it and so do most of them.
If it weren’t so far, i would love to go for a walk with you, – yes, i know you 😉 …and,
—- i am just reading your book! Delightful! Why can’t i fly?
Happy New Year!
Wow, firecrackers in villages! Hard to imagine here where it’s so quiet. But I would take you up on going for a walk! As for flying…if you write about flying, it’s not quite as good, but it’s a pretty good substitute. 🙂 Happy 2015, Monika!
IF I were going to make a resolution, it would be to welcome each moment as though I had planned it.
That’s a nice spin on the lemons-lemonade thought. I like it. Happy New Year!