I fell off my bike last weekend and now my kitchen’s a mess.
No, I was not riding in my kitchen–luckily; that would’ve made for an even crunchier fall than the one I took. But to help you see the connection between the two events, here are some Wing facts:
- My Mate is primary kitchen-cleaner (as I am primary cook).
- His method of cleaning involves descending to his knees to scrub a different section of kitchen floor or cabinet each day (a constant, slo-mo kind of deep cleaning–incredibly effective)
- After taking me to the doctor after my bike crash, the Mate had to go off-island (or, as we say here, “to America”) for a couple of days.
- Thanks to said crash, I cannot currently bend down. Certainly not to my knees.
- I do, however, continue to prepare food for myself and guests. Therefore…
- My kitchen’s a mess.
Don’t get me wrong–I’ve always appreciated the Mate’s approach to housekeeping. But now that I can’t even weakly emulate it, I long for it deeply. When he gets back, I think I’ll greet him in a negligee made of damp dishrag.
So this counts as both celebration of marriage/partnership, and housekeeping advice: Find yourself a partner who cleans the way my Mate does, and hang onto him/her for dear life! (Or just add an egg to your floor.)
Sorry to hear about your accident (and your floor)! Feel better soon.
a neat house is the sign of a misspent life!
I LOVE this, Monika!
A dirty house is a scientifically proven immune booster. At least that’s what I tell kids. Feel better!
That definitely explains my healthy childhood. 🙂
I often wonder why we clean our houses anyway. Everything just gets dirty again. BUT I like Ken’s approach to cleaning the floor. Reminds me of a friend who used to completely clean a single room each month, including floors, draperies, etc. It seemed like a good idea as well but, of course, I’ve never done that.
I certainly share that opinion when it comes to making beds. I mean, who sees ’em but us? Really. But that one-room approach is also cool, at least theoretically so. 🙂
glad you are feeling better. Are you and your son buying Holly B’s ??????
Heavens, no. I have no desire to own or run a business. Just wanna keep bakin’! Thanks for the well-wishes.